No 6, Caotang Industry Park, No.2 Qinling Road, Hi-tech Zone, Xi'an, China
Product Name: Marigold flower extract
Latin Name: Tagetes erecta
Ingredients: Lutein, zeaxanthin
Appearance: Lutein orange fine powder, zeaxanthin yellow fine powder
Specification: Lutein 5%-95%, zeaxanthin 5%-60%
Test Method: HPLC
CAS NO.: Lutein 127-40-2; zeaxanthin 144-68-3
Marigold Flower Extract Lutein And Zeaxanthin Oil Introduction
Marigold is an annual herb produced in Mexico. It is currently planted in large scales in China's Heilongjiang, Jilin, Inner Mongolia, Shaanxi, Yunnan and other places. We produce all the raw materials of the Yunnan marigold plantation base. The unique soil and light conditions make marigold grow fast, with long flowering period, high yield and good quality, ensuring stable supply of raw materials, high yield and low production cost. Lutein is a carotenoid in vegetables and fruits that acts as an antioxidant to protect cells from free radical damage.
Lutein, also known as phytoprogesterone, is a natural pigment widely found in bananas, kiwis, corn and marigolds. Lutein is a carotenoid with a very complex structure that cannot currently be synthesized by hand. Lutein can only be extracted from plants. After extraction, lutein has very important application value in food and health. Because the body can't produce lutein, we can only get it in food intake or extra supplements, so more and more attention has been drawn. Lutein protects vision. It is a good food coloring agent that regulates blood lipids, blocks arteries, and fights cancer.
The active ingredients are lutein and zeaxanthin, and lutein and zeaxanthin are the main components of plant pigments such as corn, vegetables, fruits, flowers, etc., and are also the main pigments that constitute the macular area of the human eye.
Specification of Marigold Flower Extract Lutein and Zeaxanthin
Assay by HPLC
Lutein 5%-95%, zeaxanthin 5%-60%
Lutein 127-40-2; zeaxanthin 144-68-3
Lutein orange fine powder, zeaxanthin yellow fine powder
Ethanol & water & oil
Loss on Drying
Total Heavy Metals
Total Plate Count
Total Yeast & Mold
1. Zeaxanthin protects vision and prevents it from falling. It protects the yellow membrane in the retina, inhibits macular degeneration and blurred vision; it has an antioxidant effect and inhibits the formation of harmful free radicals. At the same time it protects the retina and absorbs a lot of blue light into our eyes.
2. Lutein has a lower macular pigment density, which can reduce the incidence of cataract.
3. It can resist oxidation and inhibit the activity of reactive oxygen-derived free radicals.
4. It can inhibit arterial wall thickening and arterial embolization, reduce the oxidation of LDL cholesterol, and delay arteriosclerosis.
5. It has an Antitumous effect, inhibiting breast cancer, prostate cancer, rectal cancer, skin cancer, etc.
6. Zeaxanthin is a natural pigment with strong tinting strength, low dosage and bright color.
(1) As a pigment
Orange-colored natural pigments, used as chicken feed, are also used in some foods, but because they are insoluble in water, the range is limited.
(2) Protection of the eyes
Lutein absorbs blue light, ultraviolet light and blue light in the sun enter the eye and produce a lot of free radicals, causing cataracts, macular degeneration, and even cancer. Human eyes contain high levels of lutein, an element that cannot be made by the body and must be supplemented by the intake of lutein. Studies have shown that the intake of lutein helps to delay the aging, degeneration, pathology, and reduction of eye diseases, as well as protect the retina from light damage.
There is no clear and unambiguous explanation for the antioxidant mechanism of lutein. The latest research shows that lutein is helpful in treating heart disease. The researchers found a relationship between the level of lutein in the blood of the subject and the thickening of the arterial wall, and found that lutein can prevent thickening of the arterial wall.